Have You Been In An Accident?
If you are in any kind of an accident, in order to protect your interests and achieve the maximum possible recovery for your claim, the following actions are recommended:
- Do not discuss your case with anyone from any insurance company. Get an attorney immediately and refer all other persons to your attorney and ask your family, witnesses and doctor to follow the same precautions;
- Take as many photos as possible of everything damaged in the accident (the car, the street, the witnesses, your bodily injuries, etc.);
- Make sure to see a doctor and get ALL of the treatment necessary in order for you to achieve a FULL RECOVERY;
- Record all expenses you incur as a result of the accident and collect the bills;
- Keep a journal of your daily pain and suffering and the effect your injury has on everyday activities and relationships;
- Get the name, address and telephone number of every doctor you see in connection with your injuries sustained in the accident;
- When you see your doctor, it is important to inform the doctor of all your symptoms so that he has accurate and complete records of your injury. It is important to tell him which symptoms were a direct cause of the accident.
- Follow your doctor’s advice precisely.
- Do not sign any papers concerning your claim with any insurance company without first consulting with your attorney.